- Would you introduce yourself in a few words ?
We are Anaïs Harel and Nicolas Ocante, we are 30 and 31 years old respectively. We met at the Veja design studio where we worked for several years as graphic artists. In the beginning we were very much print oriented but at the studio we ended up working on lots of different things. Photo art director, videos, installations, set design… We created our own studio a few months ago with the idea of being like Swiss knives.
- Where does this interest for graphic design and art direction come from ?
Nicolas: I’ve always wanted to be a graphic artist.
Anaïs: Me, I come from a more scientific world and I got lost at some point, no regrets.
- What is PARIS SE QUEMA’s operative word in your mind?
Not being limited. Not to a medium, or a job, or a style.
- What are your inspirations ?
We like to work with color, color in space, anamorphosis, trompe-l’oeil and protective coloring, also fonts, geometry and materials. We often get inspiration from art, classical and contemporary and slip some references in our works.
- What has been your biggest challenge so far ?
Telling ourselves we were capable of creating a company and learning new trades.
- What are your future projects ?
We’d very much like to develop video projects; that’s what we are working on right now. And we are in talks with a fashion designer we love for some collaboration in early 2015.